Club 55 League
In 1972, Bowl Canada recognized a need to form a program specifically tailored to the growing segment of society known as “Golden Agers”. A program named the Golden Age Bowlers’ Club was developed and offered to Canadian senior citizens with the following aims and objectives:
- Encourage seniors to take part in a healthy, lifetime activity
- Provide a means of moderate exercise on a regular basis
- Offer an environment where seniors could socialize with their peers and share in a fun and challenging sport
The program’s name has recently been changed to Club 55, and in the many years since its inception, hundreds of thousands of Canadians have participated in the many tournaments and events offered by the program, ranging from “In-House” tournaments to Canadian National Championships. Bowlers of all levels of ability have the opportunity to take part and win awards for their achievements.
A fun and exciting schedule, an opportunity to meet a great many people with similar interests and experiences and a great way to keep active and fit…that’s what Club 55 is all about. So if you’re 55 years of age or over, drop in to one of your local bowling centres and let them know you’d like to get signed up with the program.
That’s the hard part. The rest is easy… just enjoy yourself!
- Mondays & Tuesdays 10:00am – 12 noon
- Wednesdays & Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00PM
Adult Night League
Looking to meet new friends, enjoy a safe and a social environment, and maintain moderate exercise? Looking to get out once a week just for fun?
No matter who and where you are, or what your ability level is, Lakeside Bowling Centre has a league that is just right for you… you might say we’ve got a league that’s right up your alley ;-}
Bowling is the sport where one game fits all.
- Tuesdays 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- Thursdays 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- Program for Canadians with a disability
- For Canadians with a disability, Bowl Canada’s “Sunshine Bowlers” program is sure to delight. A fun program, complete with attractive crests, awards and fun bowling events/tournaments, encourages bowlers with a disability to participate in a sport that can be enjoyed for a lifetime, offering regular physical and social activity.
- Tuesdays 3:30PM – 5:30PM
Youth Bowl Canada supports the robust national program of youth leagues, open play and learning opportunities for youngsters across Canada. There’s tons of activity and opportunities for every level. So much so that Youth Bowl Canada has it’s own site. Visit YouthBowl.ca to learn more.
- Mondays starting at 4:00PM