In 1972, Bowl Canada recognized a need to form a program specifically tailored to the growing segment of society known as “Golden Agers”. A program named the Golden Age Bowlers’ Club was developed and offered to Canadian senior citizens with the following aims and objectives:
- Encourage seniors to take part in a healthy, lifetime activity
- Provide a means of moderate exercise on a regular basis
- Offer an environment where seniors could socialize with their peers and share in a fun and challenging sport
The program’s name has recently been changed to Club 55, and in the many years since its inception, hundreds of thousands of Canadians have participated in the many tournaments and events offered by the program, ranging from “In-House” tournaments to Canadian National Championships. Bowlers of all levels of ability have the opportunity to take part and win awards for their achievements.
A fun and exciting schedule, an opportunity to meet a great many people with similar interests and experiences and a great way to keep active and fit…that’s what Club 55 is all about. So if you’re 55 years of age or over, drop in to one of your local bowling centres and let them know you’d like to get signed up with the program.
That’s the hard part. The rest is easy… just enjoy yourself!
- Tuesdays 10:00am – 12 noon
- Wednesdays & Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00PM